Natural Detoxfication Guidelines
According to Dr. Michael Murray, the author of “How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine” the key dietary goals in helping you achieve your anti-cancer goals are as follows:
1. Eat a rainbow assortment of fruits and vegetables
2. Reduce exposure to pesticides
3. Reduce the intake of meat and other animal foods
4. Eat the right type of fats by increasing the intake of Omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Avoid high-calorie, low nutrient foods such as junk foods, candy and soft drinks.
6. Keep salt intake low, potassium intake high.
7. Choose foods that help your body detoxify and eliminate waste.
For those of you with a new found will to establish a new diet, following all of these steps at once will benefit you. However, if you are like many others and have difficulty making changes without the proverbial gun to your head, making gradual but disciplined changes on a weekly basis will also be beneficial.
One strategy to change your diet is to simply take one “bad” thing out and replace it with one “better” thing. For example, replace a soda with a piece of fruit and water. That in itself and little changes like that will bring you and your body great benefits.
If you learned something you liked, please leave a comment.